Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken (or pork) Lettuce Wraps Recipe with Low-Sugar Barbecue Sauce

Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken with Low-Sugar Barbecue Sauce is delicious in lettuce cups, on a sandwich, or in a quesadilla with some melted cheese.

Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken (or pork) Lettuce Wraps Recipe with Low-Sugar Barbecue Sauce found on KalynsKitchen.com

I do have a wonderful recipe for Slow Cooker Sriracha-Pineapple Barbecued Chicken on the blog, but I came up with this recipe when I had some of my favorite kids staying at my house and I wanted a barbecued chicken recipe that was less spicy and more kid-friendly.  This Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken with Low-Sugar Barbecue Sauce uses the same flavorful sauce as my Slow Cooker Pulled Pork (and you can certainly make these lettuce wraps with pulled pork if you prefer.)  I did notice that the chicken cooks much faster, and soaks up the sauce a bit more than the pork.  I loved this inside a lettuce wrap, but when the kids were here we used it to make some Quesadillas, which my nephew Mitch gobbled up for lunch one day.

(This is today's pick for the month of  Daily Phase One Recipes is these Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Low-Sugar Barbecue Sauce.  You can make this with pork if you prefer, but be sure to use low-sugar ketchup and an approved sweetener for Phase One.  You can see all the recipes from the month by clicking Daily Phase One Recipes.  Check after the recipe for Phase One Flashbacks from this day in 2012 and 2013.)

Click to continue reading