Recipe for Foil-Wrapped Grilled Butternut Squash with Sage (Gluten-Free, Meatless, Can Be Paleo)

You can cook this Foil-Wrapped Butternut Squash with Sage on the grill or in the oven.

Recipe for Foil-Wrapped Grilled Butternut Squash with Sage (Gluten-Free, Meatless) found on KalynsKitchen.com

(Updated with better photos, November 2014)  Back in the good old days (when I had a garden), one of the plants I loved was a variety of butternut squash called Really Big Squash. This type of butternut can grow nearly two feet long (hence the name Really Big Squash!) and the extra growth is a very long neck, so there's more of the meaty part of the squash.  I made this Foil-Wrapped Grilled Butternut Squash with Sage the first time with Really Big Squash, but it's just as delicious with butternut from the store, and this is another good idea for combining butternut squash with herbs.

I loved finding out how easy it was to cook squash on the grill when you don't want to heat up the house, but you could also bake the foil packets in the oven.  And even though I didn't grow the squash myself this time, I was happy that I still had plenty of sage growing in the pots by my front walk, and this was a delicious way to use sage while you still have it! (You might want to read How to Peel and Cut Up a Butternut Squash before you make this.)

Click to continue reading