Trina's Low-Sugar Fresh Cranberry Salsa Recipe with Cilantro, Lime, and Jalapeno (Gluten-Free)

Trina's Low-Sugar Fresh Cranberry Salsa with Cilantro, Lime, and Jalapeno is definitely a winner!

Trina's Low-Sugar Fresh Cranberry Salsa Recipe with Cilantro, Lime, and Jalapeno found on KalynsKitchen.com

(It's Friday and usually on that day I usually feature  Phase One Friday recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.   I'll definitely keep doing that, but going forward I'm going to mix it up a bit and occasionally spotlight favorite recipes that aren't Phase One, for a new feature I'm calling Friday Flashbacks.  Today's favorite is this Low-Sugar Fresh Cranberry Salsa with Cilantro, Lime, and Jalapeno from my friend Trina, something I've made every year since I first tried it for Thanksgiving in 2011.  If you haven't tried this recipe yet, I highly recommend it!)

When my friend Trina started to talk about the fresh cranberry salsa she's been making every Thanksgiving for years, I was a bit skeptical until she told me the ingredients list.  I'm not someone who loves all things cranberry, but the combination of fresh cranberries with cilantro, green onion, lime juice, and jalapeno had so many of my favorite flavors, it was pretty much a given that I'd like it.  As soon as I tasted this (and loved it!) my brain started imagining ways to eat it.  Of course, this cranberry salsa would be fantastic on your Thanksgiving dinner plate next to the turkey, but I'd also love it spread on a turkey sandwich, layered into a turkey casserole, dipped up with celery or pita chips, or eaten as a pan-sauce over sauteed pork or chicken.  I can already tell this is one of those recipes I'll be making over and over, so thanks for sharing Trina!

Click to continue reading