Honey-Dijon Ham

Alright, I'm finally getting around to posting this recipe. I made it the night before I went into labor, so it was awesome having all the leftovers of this ham and hashbrown casserole in the fridge so I wasn't cooking as I was having contractions. It was such a satisfying meal. I love the smokey flavor of ham....it seems to cry out for sweet stuff. This glaze has the tang and spice of mustard, balanced with the sweetness of honey. Perfect combo.

______________________________________________________________
*Serves 6-8


3 lb ham
1/3 cup honey
2 tbsp Dijon mustard (or Spicy Brown Mustard)
2 tbsp orange juice

*Double all ingredients for extra sauce.

(I think these are the measurements I used. I didn't write down the measurements after I made it, then I had a baby, and now I'm trying to remember with a brain that is sort of baby mush right now.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place ham on a rack inside a roasting pan. Roast for one hour. In the meantime mix up the glaze ingredients. Take the ham out after an hour and pour this glaze over top. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the ham. The ham will need another 20-40 minutes....you want the internal temperature to come up to 140 degrees. Every 10-15 minutes or so you can scoop the glaze and ham juices off the bottom of the pan and spoon over the ham. Let rest for a couple minutes before cutting into it.

Click here for printable version of Honey-Dijon Ham
_______________________________________________

THE RESULTS?

We loved this ham. The glaze was super yummy. So yummy in fact I wish I had doubled the glaze and cooked the extra on the stove and served it up as a sauce to be served at the table. We had this with hashbrown casserole and it was such a comforting meal...why does smokey sweet ham pair so well with cheesey potatoes? Good thing I'm not on a diet ;)