Ten Low-Glycemic Menu Options for a South Beach Diet Friendly Superbowl Party

Shrimp CocktailEvents like a Superbowl party can be challenging if you're trying to stick a low-glycemic diet, whether it's to lose weight or for medical reasons. When I started eating the South Beach Diet way, I soon learned that when I went to a party I should take something tasty that was diet-friendly for me. That way, even if I didn't want to eat any of the other food, I still had something good and didn't feel deprived. Now that I've been maintaining my weight loss for quite a few years I might indulge a bit more for special occasions, but I do continue that habit of making sure that the food I bring is South Beach friendly when I'm going to a party. I've already mentioned that Chili is a great Superbowl party food for South Beach dieters, so you might start your menu planning with that. Besides chili, here are ten more menu options that would taste great while you're watching the game, starting with the Shrimp Cocktail with Low-Sugar Cocktail Sauce pictured above.

Click to continue reading