Pressure Cooker Recipe for Spicy Pinto Bean Soup with Ham, Tomatoes, and Cilantro

Spicy Pinto Bean SoupI'm continuing the focus on South Beach Diet phase one recipes during January with this slightly spicy soup with pinto beans and ham, finished with a touch of cilantro. This is the second soup I've made using my new pressure cooker, and I'm loving the way the pressure cooker saves time, and keeps the colors in the cooked foods. If you pre-soak the beans, this soup could easily be made in less than 30 minutes in the pressure cooker. Even though I'm wowed by my pressure cooker, I realize some people are not converts, or don't have a pressure cooker, so I'll tell you how his soup could easily be adapted to cook in a regular pot, even with canned pinto beans if desired. I loved how this soup turned out, and it's definitely one I'll be making again.

Click to continue reading