Low-Sugar and Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread Recipe with Blueberries and Pecans

Low-Sugar and Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread Recipe with Blueberries and Pecans found on KalynsKitchen.com
Low-Sugar and Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread with Blueberries and Pecans!

I still have lots of zucchini in the garden, so I had good results adapting Elise's recipe to make Zucchini Muffins, I decided to try making zucchini bread. My first zucchini bread attempt was not a keeper, but for the second try I came up with this recipe that I really liked. I'll always be more of a cook than a baker, but I was excited that I managed to adapt ideas from a few different recipes and get zucchini bread that worked for my low-glycemic way of eating.

Last night I made dinner for my sister Pam, her husband Kelly, and my niece Alyson (after Kelly hooked up my new natural gas grill, thanks Kelly!) and they gave the zucchini bread three thumbs up. Putting blueberries in was an impulse that worked out, but if you don't have blueberries I think you could use another cup of zucchini (with maybe a bit more cinnamon) or add some other type of fruit.

Click to continue reading