Meal Plan 29


It's sad that it's the middle of August and there are so many soups on my menu plan...but trust me, they are needed! We've had nothing but cold rainy days, long sleeve hoodies, cuddling up on the couch under a blanket and....the FURNACE RUNNING! Can you believe it?! In the middle of summer. I hope you all are having beautiful weather as our summer quickly dwindles. While I may be cooking pots of soup, I am using up gorgeous garden produce. So it all evens out in the end I guess :)


Day 1: Thai Coconut Chicken Noodle Soup* with Multigrain Buns

This is a fun twist on chicken noodle soup. While authentic Thai ingredients like lemongrass and lime leaves are delicious in this soup, I've swapped some of them out and given you substitutions like lemon zest and lime juice.

Day 2: Linguine Alfredo with Smoked Salmon and Tossed Salad
My Dad is always giving us packages of smoked salmon which is great to use up in this recipe. You could also substitute chicken, shrimp or even black forest ham (my mom always used to do that...it's weird but it's good).

Day 3: Egg Roll Stir Fry
My Dad was here a couple weeks ago and we spent HOURS rolling Steamy Kitchen's amazing egg rolls. Like seriously, those things are incredible. On a busy weeknight I don't have time for that kind of thing, so I wanted to take all those same great flavors and turn it into a quick stir fry. You're gonna love this one!


Day 4: Baby Potatoes with Dill Cream, Farmer Sausage and Sauteed Green Beans
I didn't post this recipe last week, but it would cruel not to because of it's simplicity and lovely summery flavor.


Day 5: Creamy Summer Vegetable Soup with Cheddar Biscuits
This soup uses up the leftovers from the night before and turns it into a creamy summertime masterpiece. I was actually SAD when this pot of soup was gone.

Day 6: Nacho Night with Salsa, Refried Beans and Guacamole
For some reason when Friday night rolls around, it is so easy to throw out the meal plan and say "let's eat out!". Instead, I'm planning a family Nacho/Movie night. We are going to watch a family movie and eat nacho's topped with tons of veggies and dip them in healthy salsa, refried beans and guacamole. Super fun and easy to say no to the take out urge!



For more great meal plan ideas, check out my complete list of meal plans or Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday Links.