Shahi Paneer

Shahi Paneer
Hello! friends... How about having a restaurant style Shahi Paneer in your dinner menu?? I always loved this dish very much and I was always in search of a easy way to prepare it and at last I tried in my own way and believe me it came out much more tastier than that of the restaurant's where I visited last time. (And I am not boasting..:-)). So I strongly recommend this dish to all my friends. It is a perfect side dish with Chapatti or Naan.


Ingredients:

250 gms paneer (cut into cubes)
1/2 cup curd
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Cashew paste
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 Onion (grated)
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 cardamom
2 Cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp roasted fenugreek powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp hot (tikha) red chilli powder
Salt (as per taste)
1 tsp.Sugar
1 tsp Butter
Fresh cream for garnishing

Method:

1. Cut paneer into cubes. Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry paneer cubes in medium flame.

2. Heat oil in a pan. Add cardamom, cinnamon stick and bay leaves and fry them. Now add onion paste and gingergailc paste and fry for a couple of minute. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and fenugreek powder. Add little water and fry the masala until oil gets separated from it.

3. Add beaten curd, tomato sauce, cashew nut paste and salt. Stir well and cook it for 8 to 10 minutes. Now add paneer pieces, garam masala, milk and sugar and stir again. Cover the pan and let it cook for another 6 minute in medium flame. When the gravy becomes little thick , turn off the flame and add butter in that.
Garnish with fresh cream and serve with Roti or Naan.


Shahi Paneer Recipe