Recipe for Bulgar Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Parsley, Mint, and Lemon

Bulgar Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Parsley, Mint, and LemonA few weeks ago when I had some people over for dinner, my friend Georgette brought this salad, along with a copy of the recipe that she'd found in Cooking Light. I loved the recipe, but didn't realize until I looked for it online that it was created by Joanne Weir, one of my favorite cookbook authors who recently started a blog. This salad has many ingredients found in Tabbouleh, but the amount of tomato and cucumber and the addition of green onion gives this salad a slightly different attitude. I changed the original recipe just a bit, adding lemon zest and a bit more olive oil, and this was a delightful way to use some tomatoes, cucumbers, mint, and parsley from the garden. I'm also thinking there are lots of interesting things that could be added to this. Have you ever cooked with bulgur? If you have a good idea for using this healthy whole grain, let us know about it in the comments.

Click to continue reading