Low-Sugar Coconut Almond Macaroon Cookies (Gluten-Free, Low-Carb)

These Coconut Almond Macaroon Cookies can be eaten for Phase One if you use portion control!

Low-Sugar Coconut Almond Macaroon Cookies (Gluten-Free, Low-Carb) found on KalynsKitchen.com

I see a lot of food blog posts about desserts, but although I indulge a bit when I'm traveling I don't make desserts at home all that often.   However a lot of people love sweet treats,  and when I mentioned on the Kalyn's Kitchen Facebook Page that I was experimenting with a Phase One cookie recipe from The South Beach Diet Super Quick Cookbook, it generated a lot of excitement.  

(Desserts are a challenge on Phase One, and before this the Jelled Ricotta Pudding recipe I got from a reader was the only Phase One dessert on my blog.)  I experimented with a couple of versions until I got a cookie I thought was just right, and I'm excited to share the recipe.   Even though I'm not a big sweets person, I liked these cookies so much that I had to remind myself about portion control, so if you're trying to lose weight, keep that in mind!

Click to continue reading