Recipe for Kalyn's Taco Seasoning Mix

There are lots of good reasons for making your own Taco Seasoning Mix!

If you're lucky enough to be celebrating Father's Day today, I hope you won't see this until the parties are over and you're thinking about what to put on the menu for the coming week.  All weekend I've been  really missing my dad, but I've also had tacos on the brain this weekend.  I think it might have started when I bought a new type of whole wheat flour tortillas that were the perfect size for tacos, and soon I'd decided I had to mix up a batch of taco seasoning.  (Ground Beef and Black Bean Taco recipe coming tomorrow!)  There are lots of reasons why making your own taco seasoning mix is a smart idea, not least of which is that if you have a well-stocked spice pantry, you can make a lot of taco seasoning for the price of one of those packaged mixes.  Making your own taco seasoning also lets you control what goes into the mix, so you don't get sugar, preservatives, or chemical ingredients you may not want.  But most important to me is and reason this is called "Kalyn's Taco Seasoning Mix," is that when I make my own I can put just the flavors I like in a spice mix like this.  

Click to continue reading