Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe with Cilantro and Vidalia Onions (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe with Cilantro and Vidalia Onions from KalynsKitchen.com
This Asian Cucumber Salad with Cilantro and Vidalia Onions is something I've been making for years!

(Updated with new photos and better instructions and added to Recipe Favorites in August 2011.)  This favorite cucumber salad was inspired by those thinly sliced cucumbers marinated in rice vinegar that are sometimes served with sushi.  If the weather has been a bit hot where you live, cucumbers are a great summer food, and this is the kind of light and refreshing salad that is perfect for days when it's really scorching outside.  That's just one of the reasons I used to make it when I was cooking on houseboats at Utah's Lake Powell, where summer days can often get up to 100F.   I made this for years with Splenda, but when I was making it recently on a hot Utah I used Stevia In the Raw Granular Sweetener, a relatively new product that I've really been liking.  You can tell I think cilantro is an essential component in the salad by the way I listed it in the title, but if you're a cilantro hater I think mint would be a good substitute.

Click to continue reading