Recipe for Savory Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins with Green Chiles and Cheese

After quite a few tries, these Savory Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins with Chiles and Cheese are a winner!

If you have a garden or you get zucchini in your CSA box, by now you may have made grilled zucchini, stuffed zucchini, cheesy zucchini, zucchini salad, or even left some zucchini on your neighbor's porch!  When I'm overloaded with zucchini and I've tried all the recipes I can think of, I start making zucchini bread.  I've made quite a few variations of sweet zucchini breads and muffins for the blog, but this time I wanted a savory zucchini muffin.  I wanted a muffin that included cheese and a fair amount of zucchini, and it took me seven tries to get a recipe I was satisfied with, but the happy result was these Savory Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins with Green Chiles and Cheese.  I'm glad I persisted until I had a winner because I loved the muffins warm with a bit of my favorite yogurt spread

Click to continue reading