Kalyn's Kitchen Picks: 100% Whole Wheat Orzo Pasta

I'm crazy over whole wheat orzo, which I think is perfect for pasta salads!

Are you familiar with orzo?  It's a very small pasta shape that resembles grains of rice.   Orzo is often used in pilafs or soups, and it's popular in Greece or other Mediterranean countries.  I've been an orzo fan for many years, but when I became committed to low-glycemic eating I gave it up because I had only seen white flour orzo.  Then last summer I spotted a recipe for whole wheat orzo and after searching a little I found it in Whole Foods.   So far I've only posted two recipes using whole wheat orzo, but I'm so excited about it that I'm officially making it one of my Kalyn's Kitchen Picks, which are products I spotlight because I'd happily buy them over and over.

Click to continue reading