Recipe for Pasta with Hot Italian Sausage, Kale, Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes

This pasta dish might be the tastiest thing I've ever made with kale (so far!)

I couldn't stop eating this pasta with hot Italian sausage, kale, garlic, and just a touch of red pepper flakes, so I'm posting the recipe right away as a Public Service Announcement for anyone who has kale in their garden or CSA box.  I devoured this for lunch two days in a row, and I'm pretty sure I would have eaten it again the next day but my brother Rand stopped by and I gave him the leftovers.  The recipe started as nothing more than an idea inspired by a huge bunch of kale I trimmed from my plants and some Colosimos Hot Italian Sausage leftover from a party that needed to be used.  I looked at a few recipes that with kale and Italian sausage before deciding to make pasta, and then just made up the recipe as I went along.  If you don't have kale I think you could also make this with spinach or chard, but the way the kale became tender and sweet in this dish will probably make a kale convert out of you if you're not sure whether you like it!

Click to continue reading