Beijing Beauty Grilled Pork Tenderloin


My pale white skin is actually boasting a bit of a tan this year, as my girls and I have been taking advantage of the huge yard we inherited when we bought this house.  The yard was a complete and utter mess until earlier this summer when my Dad came out here for a visit and ended up schooling me in the ways of becoming a green thumb.  Now I'm loving the summer sun beating down on me while my knees are caked in dirt and I pull more weeds and my girls run around our yard stripped down to their skivvies with the water hose.  It's been a good summer.

But long hot summer days leave me with little desire to be cooped up in a hot house or standing over the stove to get dinner on the table.  I searched out a grilling recipe from Greta and Janet and came up with this beauty.  I was able to mix up the Asian glaze, throw a pork tenderloin on the BBQ and make a couple side dishes, all in about 20 minutes.

And there was still more time in the sun for me and my family.

Recipe from Eat, Shrink and Be Merry
__________________________________________________________________________________


Serves 6



1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp liquid honey
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp grated gingerroot (easier to do when frozen)
2 cloves garlic, minced
Zest of one lemon

3 pork tenderloins (12 oz / 340 g each)

To make the glaze, combine all the ingredients into a bowl except for the pork tenderloins and mix well.

Preheat grill to medium-high heat.  Spray grill rack with cooking spray or lightly oil.  Grill the pork for about 16 minutes, turning occasionally.  Pork should be just slightly pink in the center.  Do not overcook pork or it will be dry.

Brush pork generously with glaze during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.  Baste over and over again with the sauce.  The more you baste the more flavor it will have. Once cooked, place pork on a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.  Cut pork into medallions and serve.


__________________________________________________________________________________

RESULTS?
This recipe was so quick and easy, JAM PACKED with flavor from the Asian glaze and totally healthy. Although I did counter-balance the healthiness of the pork with these Garlic Scallion Noodles. I really don't regret it either!  These two dishes complimented each other perfectly and the noodles took all of 5 minutes to put together as a side dish.  I threw some frozen peas in the microwave and my whole meal was done in 20 minutes.  Love it.

Meal Ideas:

Leftover Ideas: