Recipe for Colorful Tomato Salad with Hearts of Palm, Mint, and Spicy Thai Dressing

Colorful Tomato Salad with Hearts of Palm, Mint, and Spicy Thai Dressing
The spicy Thai dressing and hearts of palm make this colorful tomato salad something special.

It's no secret that I love, love, love Green Zebra tomatoes. I also love Brandywines, which are the other type of tomato I used in this colorful salad along with hearts of palm, mint, and a spicy Thai-inspired dressing.  If you don't happen to have those tomato varieties, you can make this with any type of flavorful fresh tomatoes, but the salad will be prettier if you can get at least two different colors.  Now that my garden tomatoes are finally starting to get ripe I've been looking for new recipes using fresh tomatoes.  The idea for a tomato salad with Asian flavors came from Melissa Clark and I think her salad sounds delightful, but I went off in a slightly different direction when I ended up trying it.  If you like the way Thai foods are a blend of many different flavors, I'm guessing you'll like the spicy dressing on this salad.

Click to continue reading