Recipe for American Greek Salad

I'd never get tired of American Greek Salad for a meatless lunch or dinner!

(Republished with new photos and updated recipe, November 2011.)  Here in the U.S. we're just about to head into what can be the most indulgent food week of the entire year.  Although I try to encourage healthier holiday eating with my Low-Glycemic Thanksgiving Recipes, I know this is a time when making good choices can be a challenge.  Personally I think it's okay to splurge a little on a holiday meal, because over the long haul healthy eating is all about balance.  This long-time favorite recipe for American Greek Salad is something I first posted when I was a teacher about to go on summer vacation, but it's also a good choice when you need to balance out some heavier meals.  I recommend this salad at my pick for Meatless Monday this week if you'd like to start the week with something that's tasty and fresh.

Click to continue reading