Recipe for Kalyn's Favorite Baby Arugula Salad with Lemon, Balsamic Vinegar, Parmesan, and Pine Nuts

For arugula lovers, this simple salad would be a perfect new flavor for the Thanksgiving table.

It was about three years ago that I noticed salads with baby arugula, lemon, and Parmesan showing up on the menu at several of my favorite restaurants.  I'm a huge fan of arugula, so I happily sampled the various arugula salads everywhere I saw one.  Then a few weeks ago I decided to try to actually write down a recipe for my take on the perfect combination of ingredients for an arugula salad like this.  It took a little experimenting to find the exact mix that made my tastebuds happy, but the one I'm sharing here (with just a touch of white balsamic vinegar added to the lemony dressing) is the arugula salad I would happily eat over and over.  Not everyone will want arugula for Thanksgiving, but I'm adding this to my list of Low Glycemic Thanksgiving Recipes because I know arugula lovers like myself will love the sharp flavor of arugula and lemon along with our turkey, stuffing, and cranberry salsa!  Truthfully, I could happily eat this salad any time of year and I doubt if I'd ever get tired of it.

Click to continue reading