The 150 Best Slow Cooker Recipes-Review

Once again I was lucky enough to be asked to review a great book.  The publishers at Robert Rose sent me a copy of The 150 Best Slow Cooker Recipes second editon to preview.  I was so excited when I got it in the mail.  Not only did it have amazing recipes it had tons of pictures.  I am such a foodie, I am drawn to pictures.  They even had an entire section on soups and chilis, which living in New England I love soups and chilis for lunch in the winter.  The only thing I was concerned with is tha tsince I am eating healthy would any of these recipes fit my new guidelines, and the answer is yes.  Lots of recipes were "clean" and others would be made clean but a few easy subsitutions.  Some of the recipes that struck me as super yummy were the Chinese Style Braised Pork, Two Bean Turkey Chili, Delectable Apple-Cranberry Coconut Crisp (stay tuned for an update on this it will be making an appearance during the holiday season) and the recipe I chose to test Turkey Sloppy Joes.  Since the hubby had mouth surgery and was limited to the types of soft squishy food he could eat, we went with this.  It was a super easy recipe with basic ingredients.  It smelt so good I am not going to lie that I had a wee sample before dinner that night.   Below is the image of our dinner.  If you are a busy mom like me this book is a must have.  It also includes sections on what you can make ahead as well as how to half the recipes in case you need a smaller quantity.  Check it out my friends.