Twice-Baked Cauliflower Casserole (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

I have fond memories of Twice-Baked Potatoes, but now this Twice-Baked Cauliflower would suit me better!

Twice-Baked Cauliflower found on KalynsKitchen.com

(Twice Baked Cauliflower was updated with better photos and a slightly lightened recipe, November 2011.)  I'm one of those people who really like cauliflower, and I especially like this dish, possibly in memory of all those twice baked potatoes I ate before I started eating the lower glycemic index way. I remember my mother making them for special occasions, and I'd help scoop out the potato insides and mix them with sour cream, cheese and butter, and lots of cheese sprinkled on top when the potatoes went back in the oven for the second baking. In those days all the Denny siblings considered twice baked potatoes to be the ultimate gourmet treat, something my mother didn't make very often for the twelve (12!) people she was cooking for.

Click to continue reading