Recipe for Ground Turkey and Quinoa Patties with Mint, Cumin, and Yogurt-Tahini Sauce

These Turkey and Quinoa Patties with Yogurt Sauce were amazing!

Before we launch into new ideas for South Beach Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes, I really want to share this recipe I tried a few weeks ago with my nephew Jake.  I'll tell you that honestly the entire time we were making these ground turkey and quinoa patties, we were more than a little skeptical about whether they would turn out to be anything special.  In particular we thought there was going to be far too much quinoa compared to the amount of meat, but we shouldn't have worried.  Once we had the mixture combined and Jake was frying the patties, we sampled one with a little bit of the yogurt sauce on it.  I took one little piece, walked into the office, and when I walked back a minute or two later, Jake had eaten the entire patty.  Yes, we both thought they were amazingly good!

Click to continue reading