Better-than-Mom's Stovetop Goulash Recipe with Macaroni, Tomatoes, and Ground Beef

Better-than-Mom's Stovetop Goulash with Macaroni and Ground Beef
When you need some homemade comfort food, this Better-than-Mom's Stovetop Goulash with Macaroni, Tomatoes, and Ground Beef will do the trick!

A couple of weeks ago I confessed on Twitter that I was making a recipe by Paula Deen, and even though this Stovetop Goulash with Macaroni, Tomatoes, and Ground Beef seems like a pretty light recipe for her, this delicious goulash was pure comfort food for me.  The recipe starts with  lean ground beef, onions, tomato sauce, and canned tomatoes, all pretty low-glycemic fare, but then the macaroni is simmered with the other ingredients for 30 minutes, so even using Dreamfield's Macaroni won't keep the Glycemic Index low in the finished dish.  Still, everyone needs comfort food once in a while, and since I'm currently sorting through and packing up twenty-five years of accumulated stuff in preparation for the move to my new house, I'm not going to be too hard on myself for enjoying it.

Click to continue reading