Spicy Sauteed Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) Recipe with Ground Beef and Cilantro

Spicy Sauteed Chickpeas
A delicious and quick dinner from Mark Bittman with ground beef, chickpeas, and cilantro.

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and this simple recipe of sauteed chickpeas with a little bit of ground beef and lots of cilantro is something I'd love for dinner any time of year.)

I guess all food bloggers have their own little kitchen personality quirks. One of mine is a habit of getting fixated on certain ingredients and then using them over and over until I discover something new to get smitten with. Right now, I'm definitely in my garbanzo bean phase, and happily I'm discovering there are a plenty of other people who are also garbanzo bean fans.

Click to continue reading