Easy Baked Sour Cream Chicken (A kid friendly recipe, first made with Sophia)

Baked Sour Cream Chicken
If you're not against using canned soup, this Baked Sour Cream Chicken is easy, kid-friendly, and delicious.

(Updated March 2013 with better photos and step-by-step instructions.)   Right now I'm completely overwhelmed by the mess of moving to the new house, and feeling thankful that I have The World's Greatest Family, who are generously helping me pull off this enormous move.  (Thanks everyone, and I love you all!)  Needless to say, thinking up new recipe ideas is on the back burner for the next couple of weeks.  Luckily I planned ahead over the last month and took updated photos of some past recipes to share while I'm busy moving.  This Baked Sour Cream Chicken is one of those recipes from the very first days of the blog, and although I rarely cook with canned soup now, the recipe does have some fans and it's quite delicious for a quick dinner.  (I've included the link for a make your own chicken soup replacement if you prefer not to use the canned soup, although the replacement recipe has flour and butter, so it may not be very diet-friendly.)

Click to continue reading