Easy Recipe for Sauteed Broccoli Rabe (Rapini) with Balsamic Vinegar

Sauteed Broccoli Rabe with Balsamic Vinegar
Broccoli Rabe is a quick veggie side dish, quickly sauteed and drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar.

(Updated with better photos, step-by-step photos, better instructions, and recipe links in March 2013.)  Back in 2006 when I was a new food blogger with stars in my eyes, I became obsessed with a type of greens my blogging friends were writing about called broccoli rabe (also called rapini and broccoli raab.)  I started a quest to find it in Salt Lake City, and after many attempts, I found some at the Downtown Alliance Farmer's Market, and shared this simple method for cooking it.  Since then I've become a big fan of this slightly-bitter green that goes so well with pasta, and when I spotted some gorgeous broccoli rabe recently at Sprouts, I decided it was time to update the horrible photos that went with the original recipe.  If you haven't cooked broccoli rabe, the flavor is a little like kale, and this is one of those ultra healthy foods we all should be eating more of.  Enjoy!

Click to continue reading