About Me




Home Cooking... in Montana!

Hi and welcome to my blog!

I LOVE to be in the kitchen...

My name is Ellie, and I live with my husband in the beautiful Big Sky Country... Montana.
I am a Christian and I love the Lord Jesus Christ....
I was born in Romania, but have lived in the U.S for most of my life. I do, however, love Romanian food! You will notice that I have a special place for those recipes:).

My Blog...

What started out as my need to "clean and organize" my HUGE recipe file, has turned into a real blogging adventure!

My love for cooking/baking...

It started when I was young...

I wanted to be like the chefs on PBS :)... I found myself having the ingredients 'mise en place' before I started cooking...quite funny, actually.

I love to cook and bake. I am always on the lookout for unique and scrumptious recipes. I have a passion for cooking with fresh ingredients. Most of my cooking and baking is from scratch ...things I have around the house. I love to challenge myself to come up with a recipe that can be made in my own kitchen without too many fancy ingredients. I still want the recipe to have the "wow" factor....and that is truly a challenge!

My collection of recipes...

Some recipes are new and some are tried and true! Most of these recipes I have collected over the years. Some I have modified and yet others are just too good to mess with! I hope you can find a recipe or two that you might like to try. Enjoy!


Sharing my recipes...

I am happy to share my recipes with you, hoping to give credit to those who have inspired me as I post each recipe. I will try to post some tips and tricks along the way in order to make the recipe go smoother...

Forever Indebted....

I thank God for giving me such a wonderful and loving husband who encourages me and stands by me even when things don't always go right in the kitchen. My husband is my most valuable critic and I admire him for all the feedback he provides. My husband is kind enough to eat 99.8% of what I make....even if it is a flop!
Most recipes I post here have his stamp of approval...There are a few recipes that have been "perfected" because of his input. My Romanian Cozonac recipe is one of them...
I LOVE Saturday mornings. It is the one day when my husband joins me in preparing breakfast. I cherish our time together...

One of my favorite hymns:

A Christian Home
Barbara B. Hart, 1916
Jean Sibelius, 1865-1957

O give us homes built firm upon the Saviour,
Where Christ is Head, and Counsellor and Guide;
Where ev'ry child is taught His love and favor
And gives his heart to Christ, the crucified:
How sweet to know that tho' his footsteps waver
His faithful Lord is walking by his side!

O give us homes with godly fathers, mothers,
Who always place their hope and trust in Him;
Whose tender patience turmoil never bothers,
Whose calm and courage trouble cannot dim;
A home where each finds joy in serving others,
And love still shines, tho' days be dark and grim.

O give us homes where Christ is Lord and Master,
The Bible read, the precious hymns still sung;
Where prayer comes first in peace or in disaster,
And praise is natural speech to ev'ry tongue;
Where mountains move before a faith that's vaster,
And Christ sufficient is for old and young.

O Lord, our God, our homes are Thine forever!
We trust to Thee their problems, toil, and care;
Their bonds of love no enemy can sever
If Thou art always Lord and Master there:
Be Thou the center of our least endeavor:
Be Thou our Guest, our hearts and homes to share.

The Kitchen...a warm and cozy place that brings family and friends together.