Meal Plan Week 2

Meal planning for this week has been an all new experience for me. I've discovered the blog $5 Dollar Dinners, and Erin makes supper for a family of 4 for $5 or less! Every night. Pretty impressive. I couldn't get over the price she was paying for items, and thought there was no way I could possibly do that. But I emailed her anyways and asked her how it's done. She has got great articles on her blog for how she saves money, but one of the biggest lessons I learned this week was to sit down with the weekly flyer for your local grocery store and plan your meals according to what's on sale. I discovered the weekly flyer for my Superstore is online as well as all the in-store coupons out for the week. I planned everything according to what was on sale or what I could get for cheap! Erin has opened up a WHOLE new world of possibilities for me.

Day 1: Pizza & Salad
I am EXTREMELY busy this day and found our favorite frozen pizza on sale for $4.97. Combined with a salad that makes for a $5.50 meal....pretty good.

Day 2: Creamy Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas with Taco Rice with Corn and Black Beans
I found this recipe a while back and have been waiting for the chance to make it. My husband is all about Mexican food (I guess you can't really call this recipe Mexican), but I've never made enchiladas for him before. This meal will make a lot of food and since I work Thursday, planning to make it this night means we can eat leftovers Thursday.

Day 3: Baked Buffalo Wings with Veggies & Dip and Potato Skins
I found chicken wings on Manager's 50% Off Special this week...they are going to become an appetizer-for-supper meal for my husband and I. We are going to have a date, eat greasy food and watch a movie. I'm excited!


Day 4: Phyllo-Wrapped Salmon with Honey Garlic Sauce with Crispy Potato Pancakes and Broccoli
I'm using the "insides" of the potato skins to make the potato cakes (I'd hate to waste).


Day 5: Grilled Beef Kabobs with Yogurt Sauce on Pitas with Tomato/Avocado/Mozza Salad
Ground beef was on sale this week and our family loves Mediterranean flavors. I have a bunch of tomatoes and avocado's to use up as well.


Day 6: Chicken and Tortellini in Rose Sauce
This is a really good meal. I'm trying to use up all the fresh tomatoes I have so I'm making the rose sauce from scratch.