Baked Ribs

Baked Ribs... LOVE ribs!! Any kind will do...beef, pork,lamb!... maybe even chicken?!:)
This recipe is easy in that you bake it in the oven and you don't have to watch it too closely. I normally marinate the ribs using some beer, but you can skip it and tenderize it with a splash of vinegar instead. I sometimes use a homemade BBQ sauce to glaze the ribs but I've also used a store-bought variety. Hope you enjoy...


Ingredients: I also substitute the larger ribs and cut them in smaller sizes.
  • A rack or two of baby back ribs( a rack is normally about 3lbs)
  • 2-3 crushed garlic cloves per rack.
  • 2 TBS oil per rack
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • any other seasoning you may like.... smoked paprika, chipotle powder, oregano,
  • 12 oz beer, optional
  • A splash or two of vinegar, if not using beer
Directions:
1. Cut up each rack of ribs in 2 pieces.... or you can leave the rack whole(I tend to leave it whole if I have room in the pan I will be using, otherwise I will cut them in 2).
2. Season with salt and pepper, garlic and any other seasonings you are using. I usually just sprinkle the seasonings all over the ribs, rub it in and then drizzle the oil and massage the oil all over the ribs.
 3. Pour some vinegar over the ribs.... you can also substitute with some beer, or use all beer. or even omit. At this point you can let marinade overnight or a few hours if you like. I like mine overnight.
4. Place ribs in a 13x 9 baking pan (or larger)... with all the vinegar/beer, if using.
5. Cover the pan and bake at 350 deg F for 1 1/2-2 hours. I like to do mine for 2 hours. You want the ribs to be fall off-the-bone tender, so check and see if you need to leave in the oven for longer.
6. Remove ribs from oven and increase oven temp to 375 F. Pour off any liquid that has accumulated in the pan.....Glaze ribs with BBQ sauce and place back in oven. Leave the ribs uncovered. and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
7. Turn ribs over and re-glaze...bake for an additional 15 minutes. Add extra glaze if you like before serving.... though I don't.