Creamy Coleslaw


My Dad taught me to make coleslaw when I was about 10 years old. We've never used a bottled dressing - I guess when you've been making your own dressing for years, bottled really doesn't compare. I make this recipe by eye, and then taste and adjust. My measurements will be really loose, so I suggest you taste and adjust to your own tastes.

____________________________________________________________________

Serves 4 as a side dish


1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

2-3 cups shredded cabbage (or bag of coleslaw mix - so easy and takes all the chopping out of it. You also get red and green cabbage, as well as carrots)


Mix dressing in the bottom of a bowl. Taste and if it's too sour, add more sugar. Too watery, add more mayo. Too sweet, add more mustard or vinegar.

Add the shredded cabbage to the bowl. If there's too much dressing, add more cabbage. Not enough dressing, mix up a little extra.

(This is the worst, most loose recipe I've EVER posted! Like I said, I totally do this by feel and never measure anything. These are just my guesses.)


Click here for printable version of Creamy Coleslaw
____________________________________________________________________

THE RESULTS?
My husband never liked coleslaw until he tried mine when we got married. Now whenever we are going to make coleslaw he requests this. It's creamy and tangy. I love it.

P.S. I just heard back from my friend who I made this meal for, and she said her 6 year old even ate this coleslaw. She said she doesn't usually like coleslaw but she had two helpings....yeah...I done good.