Meal Plan Week 1

While I always stick to my grocery list and rarely ever stray from it (eliminates impulse buying), I will buy meat if it is on sale even if it's not on my list. Meat is the most expensive item each week, and if I can save money and buy a lot when it's cheap, later in the month I won't have to buy any meat. This week's meal plan I was trying to save us MONEY. Our budget for groceries was really tight, so I used all meats that we already had in our freezer. This eliminated a lot of expense because I just had to buy produce and dry goods.

I need to make a LOT of food for cheap and easy this day (I have someone else's family as well as ours to feed).

I'm working, so I want to be able to throw everything in the crock pot the night before and turn this on in the morning.


Day 3: Linguine Alfredo with Smoked Salmon
I had a craving for pasta and have a large package of smoked salmon in the freezer. I will use half of that and throw it into a homemade Alfredo Sauce (which I'm attempting for the first time ;)

I have a TON of fish in my freezer, so I'm excited to try this and do something new. Whenever we have fish, it's same old - same old.

Day 5: Spicy Sausage Linguine with Ceasar Salad
This pasta dish uses two kinds of sausage and has a fantastic spicy kick.