Friday Night Photos: Lunch at the New Yorker and New Restaurant Options in Utah

New Yorker SaladWith a long-awaited change to Utah liquor laws taking place on July 1, diners gained a lot of new restaurant options when fine dining establishments that had previously been private clubs became open to the public. One club I'd always been rather wowed by the few times I went there are someone's guest was The New Yorker, so when I got an invitation to try out their new fixed-price menu for lunch, it was an offer I couldn't refuse! Taking photos in dark restaurants isn't my specialty, but the beautiful salad above shows that there were some diet-friendly menu options. If you're a reader who's just starting the South Beach Diet, you may want to skip the rest of these photos, but when you're eating at one of the best restaurants in town, I believe that's the time to splurge on some things you may not normally eat.

Click to continue reading