Recipe for Spicy Shrimp and Cucumber Salad with Mint, Lemon, and Cumin

Spicy Shrimp and Cucumber Salad with Mint, Lemon, and Cumin found on KalynsKitchen.com
Spicy Shrimp and Cucumber Salad with Mint, Lemon, and Cumin, perfect for a summer party.

This week there are big holidays for people who live in Canada or the U.S., and in my family a summer holiday celebration usually includes shrimp and macaroni salad. I'm not sure if I'll be making that one this year, but I'm guessing my shrimp-salad-loving dad would like this Spicy Shrimp and Cucumber Salad with Mint, Lemon, and Cumin, adapted from a recipe by Ellie Krieger. Truthfully, I'd never paid much attention to Ellie until my friend Lydia gave me The Food You Crave for a retirement present, but I'm enjoying the book, and finding that Ellie and I have some things in common when it comes to cooking style. I rarely make recipes exactly the way they're written, and I added a bit of cumin and Sriracha sauce for a slightly-spicy twist on Ellie's salad. I'm looking forward to trying some more recipes from the book soon. (Thanks Lydia!)

Click to continue reading