SCD: Day 6


Those were the good old days, Sage...

If I had to do this again, I'm not sure I'd practice with the post-SCD diet prior to doing the introductory diet. After 6 days, I feel fine - but the thought of depriving myself (and Cyrus) of the remaining SCD food-pleasures seems daunting. Plus, I don't think the SCD diet will work without doing the intro diet... and Cyrus' tummy seems to concur with this. The amount of fiber consumed through fruit, vegetable, and nuts on this diet seems contradictory to what one might expect for someone with Crohn's. We'll see how it works out.

In the mean time, thank goodness for: Lara Bars, homemade yogurt, Stretch Island fruit leathers, and (maybe) pancakes made with coconut flour. We spend most of our evenings cooking after the kids go to bed and anything that we do not have to make ahead of time is awesome.