Recipe for Tomatillo Salsa with Roasted Green Chiles, Cilantro, and Lime

Tomatillo  Salsa with Roasted Green Chiles, Cilantro, and Lime
Many years ago one of my friends got a food processor and told me she was going to make salsa. At the time I'd never made salsa, and I thought it sounded very exotic and complicated. Of course, now I realize that if you have fresh ingredients and some idea of the proportions, it's pretty hard to make a bad batch of salsa, even without a food processor. This post is about the salsa I made with the green chiles I roasted on my barbecue grill (plus some of those volunteer tomatillos from the garden) but if you have the fresh tomatillos, I'm thinking you could still make pretty tasty salsa using canned roasted chiles. And remember, making salsa is an art and not a science, so if you'd like a little more or less of one of the ingredients, feel free to improvise.

Click to continue reading