Recipe for Flourless and Low-Sugar (or Sugar-Free) Chocolate Shortbread Cookies (Gluten-Free)

Flourless and Low Sugar (or sugar-free) Chocolate Shortbread Cookies just might become your favorite Christmas cookie!

Flourless and Low-Sugar (or Sugar-Free) Chocolate Shortbread Cookies (Gluten-Free) found on KalynsKitchen.com

(Kalyn's Kitchen is part of Holiday 2009 at Oprah.com, and this is one of the recipes being featured there, and is also part of the Christmas Recipes at Kalyn's Kitchen. Welcome to anyone visiting from Oprah.com!)

By the time most people read this on Tuesday, it will officially be my birthday, although due to the magic of Facebook friends around the world, I started getting birthday wishes a day early. I've always been one of those people who says when it's your birthday you should celebrate with gusto, but since I revealed my age last year, this year I'm playing it low key and just planning to enjoy the day. The beautiful green plate you see in the photo above is my first birthday present, from my friend Dara at Cookin' Canuck (thanks Dara!) I guess the delicious chocolate shortbread cookies on the plate are my birthday present to myself, because I've been eating them for days while I tested a couple of variations of this recipe!

Click to continue reading