Recipe for Low-Sugar or Sugar-Free Almond Flour Snickerdoodle Cookies (also Gluten-Free)

Low-Sugar and Gluten-Free Almond Flour Snickerdoodle Cookies
Low-Sugar (or sugar-free) Almond Flour Snickerdoodles are also gluten-free.

(Recipe updated and added to Christmas Recipes, December 2009.) In 2005 I posted this recipe for Low Carb Snickerdoodles for a reader named Adam who was always urging me to post sugar-free and low-carb recipes for cookies. Since then I've made quite a few cookies that are low in sugar, but I've also decided that using a very small amount of brown sugar mixed with Splenda or Stevia-in-the-Raw Granulated Sweetener is my favorite way to make low-sugar desserts. If you're avoiding sugar completely like Adam was, just use all Splenda or Stevia when you make them. Either way this is a delicious cookie, similar to Snickerdoodles but a little more crispy because of the almond flour.

Click to continue reading