Winter Fruit Salad Recipe with Persimmons, Pears, Grapes, and Agave-Pomegranate Vinaigrette

Winter Fruit Salad with Persimmons, Pears, Grapes, Pecans, and Agave-Pomegranate Vinaigrette (Kalyn's Kitchen is part of Holiday 2009 at Oprah.com, and this is one of the recipes being featured there, and is also part of the Christmas Recipes on Kalyn's Kitchen. Welcome to anyone visiting from Oprah.com!)

During the holiday season when there are so many rich or extra-sweet offerings, sometimes a simple fruit salad can be just what you need to add a slightly more reasonable note to a holiday meal. The day I made this salad I tried it out on a few people at my brother Mark's house, where I'd gone to meet his mother-in-law who was visiting from New Mexico. Mrs. Garcia had made homemade tamales, something I had to sample even if they weren't especially South Beach Diet friendly, and the salad was definitely a hit as a side dish.

Click to continue reading