Recipe for Whole Grain Low-Sugar (or sugar-free) Chocolate Cookies with Pecans

Whole Grain Low-Sugar or sugar-free Chocolate Cookies with Pecans
Whole Grain Low-Sugar (or sugar-free) Chocolate Cookies with Pecans

When Suzanne Lenzer wrote about One Smart Cookie for Mark Bittman's column in the New York Times, I was intrigued with her idea of trying to make a chocolate cookie using whole wheat flour and oatmeal. I saved the recipe to my "recipes to try" folder back in April, so you can tell there isn't a lot of cookie-baking going on around here for most of the year. But during the holidays I do like to add a few cookies to my collection of South Beach friendly Christmas recipes, so I've made these a few times to come up with a version that's diet-friendly and still delicious.

Click to continue reading