Baked Acorn Squash – You're So Going to Score

I know what you're probably thinking. I could have used this recipe a few weeks ago for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Well, it's actually not late, it's just super early for next year. You're welcome.

It's rare I enjoy a recipe for its looks more so than its taste. Don't get me wrong, I like how this tastes, but scoring the squash with a knife before baking really makes for a great presentation. It also allows the simple, but delicious glaze to penetrate nice and deep.

I'm not sure why I don't eat more squash. It's so nutritious, or at least that's what I'm led to believe, and I'm way too busy to search for evidence to the contrary. It also serves double-duty as a vegetable and a starch. This recipe, or something extremely close will be in the cookbook, so if you try it, let me know what you think. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
2 acorn squash
2 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
pinch of cayenne