Recipe for Eggs Fried in Olive Oil with Wilted Greens and Sumac

Eggs Fried in Olive Oil with Wilted Greens and Sumac
When I was a kid, my mom used to fry eggs in bacon grease. Mom would cook the eggs until they were slightly crispy on the edges, and mom's fried eggs, with a whisper of bacon grease flavor, were something I loved for breakfast back in the day. Fast forward quite a few years, and I now like olive oil much more than bacon grease, so I have no idea why it took me so long to try this way of cooking eggs. The idea of frying eggs in olive oil is something I thought might be a nice option for Phase One Breakfasts that so many people are looking for this time of year. If you're not on a diet, or not on phase one, I'd add some 100% whole wheat toast to this for a breakfast that might just be better than mom used to make.

Click to continue reading