Recipe for Asian Flavored Wild Salmon Patties with Ginger, Scallions, and Sesame-Lime Mayonnaise

These Salmon Patties start with chopped raw salmon that's seasoned with Asian flavors.

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  Since I am in Seattle enjoying the seafood and attending BlogHerFood, it seemed like a perfect time to feature this wonderful recipe with wild salmon.  Enjoy!)

Last year my brother Dave and his four sons went to Alaska and fished for salmon and halibut.  I've been the grateful recipient of some of the frozen wild salmon and halibut they had shipped back to Utah, so lately I've been looking for some new ideas for cooking both these types of fish.  If you enter "salmon recipes" into the search bar on the blog, you'll see quite a few recipes for salmon, including Salmon Patties made with canned salmon, but this type of salmon patties are a completely new way to cook salmon for me.  They're made with chopped raw salmon, flash frozen so they keep their shape, and then pan-fried in a small amount of olive oil.  The salmon patties are seasoned with Sriracha and plenty of ginger and scallions and served with a delightful sesame-lime mayonnaise that goes perfectly with the salmon.

Click to continue reading