Chicken Souvlaki Recipe

Chicken Souvlaki
Chicken Souvlaki plus a tomato and cucumber salad is a perfect summer meal!

(Updated with new photos and better instructions, August 2012.)   Souvlaki is a dish that's so classic it's part of Wikipedia, which defines it as small pieces of meat grilled on a skewer. If I were writing the definition, I'd add that the Greek cooking trinity of lemon, garlic, and oregano would have to be included, and since I was using chicken this time I also added a touch of thyme to the marinade.   I like traditional Souvlaki made from pork, as well as Lamb Souvlaki, but for a light summer meal I don't think you can beat the combination of Chicken Souvlaki and a salad with cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden.  I made that this week when my sister Pam and brother-in-law Kelly came for dinner and took a few photos to update this favorite recipe. 

Click to continue reading