Vegetarian 101-A Cookbook Review

Over the past few months I have amassed quite a collection of cookbooks, but haven't had much time even in the summer to try out recipes.  So my new goal for the next few weeks will be to pick a recipe from one of new cookbooks, test it out, then review the recipe and book here.  So first up is a beautiful little cookbook titled Vegetarian 101 edited by Perrin Davis.  Now as I mentioned before I have been wanting to eat more vegetarian and vegan cooking and most of the cookbooks I received were just that.  This book is just what I was looking for.  Unlike some other books I have seen recently, this does not have a recipes that have tons of random ingredients that I might only be able to find at nice, yet very expensive whole foods.  This book as longs of great recipes that are down to earth and several are very kid friendly (or in my case Husband friendly).  The recipe that I decided to try out was Orecchiette (little hat pasta) with Artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and peppers.  It was a great dish with lots of flavor and very, very easy to make.  We loved it and plan to keep it in the rotation for a meatless meal.  When looking through the cookbook there were lots of recipes that had less then 8 ingredients which is a plus and rarely was there a recipe in which you would not find all the ingredients at the local supermarket.  Also, I found a lot of recipes in here that I could use the veggies from my garden in it which is always a plus.  My only complaint about this book, and others but the same publisher, is that there is no nutritional information.  Yet, all my lazy ass needs to do is go and plug the recipe into My Fitness Pal and I would have it instantly.  I would rate this book a 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.  So if you are looking for adding some vegetarian options into your meal selections this is the book for you.