Leftover Chicken Pesto Salad Recipe with Edamame (or Peas)

Leftover Chicken Pesto Salad is the perfect use for leftover rotisserie chicken!

(Updated with step-by-step photos, September 2012.  If you're making Pesto from your garden basil, this salad is a very tasty way to use it!)  When I first made this Leftover Chicken Pesto Salad, I wasn't sure it was going to be anything special, but after it chilled in the refrigerator I loved the way the flavors blended into a combination I really loved.  I used my homemade Basil Pesto with Lemon, but even if you only have basil pesto from the store, this salad is a great way to use leftover chicken and this simple recipe is about as easy as they come.  The original version had green peas, but this time we used edamame for a Phase One version of the salad.  It's relatively high in fat from the mayo, pesto, and olives, so for South Beach dieters I'd eat a small portion with a nice big green salad on the side.

Click to continue reading