Recipe for Lettuce Wrap Fish Tacos with Spicy Cabbage Slaw and Avocado

Lettuce Wrap Fish Tacos with Spicy Cabbage Slaw.
These delicious Lettuce Wrap Fish Tacos were made with leftover grilled fish!

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  These Lettuce Wrap Fish Tacos are something I'd enjoy any time of year, so when I cook fish on the grill I like to make extra so I can have these the next day!)

I'm not sure why it took me so long to think of using leftover grilled fish to make fish tacos, but a few days ago when I revisited the recipe for Grilled Halibut with Cumin and Lime, I realized how that cumin-and-lime-marinated halibut would work so perfectly in fish tacos.  The following day I experimented and came up with these Lettuce Wrap Fish Tacos that I thought were just a perfect lunch.  My brother Rand was at my house the day I made these (helping me with an exciting change in my life) and he loved the fish tacos just as much as I did.  If you don't have any leftover grilled fish, check the recipe for instructions on how to cook some fish just to make these tasty fish tacos.

Click to continue reading