Greek-Seasoned Grilled Pork Chops Recipe with Lemon and Oregano

Greek-Seasoned  Grilled Pork Chops Recipe with Lemon and Oregano
Greek Seasoned Grilled Pork Chops with Lemon and Oregano, served with Spicy Mexican Slaw!

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and I first made these Greek-Seasoned Grilled Pork Chops in 2009, when my old house was in the middle of house renovations, the grill was in the neighbor's garage, and I was anxious to grill.  Fast forward nearly four years and I'm living in a new house with a natural gas grill on the deck, and I still love this recipe!  When my grill was packed away I cooked these on a stove-top grill pan, which is a great option if you don't have an outside grill.)

All year I wait for grilling season, so I'm trying to be patient about the fact that it's June and my grill is still packed away in the neighbor's garage, where it's been for quite a while! I guess not having a grill is making me think about things I'd like to be grilling, and the thought of grilled pork chops with a marinade similar to Souvlaki popped into my head last week. Luckily I have a stove-top grill pan, as well as a George Foreman grill, and I've now tried this recipe using both of those. If you like Souvlaki but want an easier version, you'll love these pork chops.

Click to continue reading