Recipe for Spicy Black Bean Patties with Cilantro, Guacamole, and Tomatoes

Spicy Black Bean Patties with Cilantro, Guacamole, and Tomatoes
These Spicy Black Bean Patties would make a perfect dinner for Meatless Monday!

My love for black beans is well documented, and I've had black bean patties jotted down in my little notebook of blog ideas for quite a while now.  Then recently I was absent-mindedly flipping through the pages of a cookbook I got at a yard saleand saw a recipe that looked interesting.  I loved the addition of chopped cilantro and garlic to the black bean mixture, and the recipe used ingredients that I almost always have in the house.  Of course when Jake and I made these Spicy Black Bean Cakes with Cilantro, Guacamole, and Tomatoes, we changed the original recipe up a little, but these black bean cakes were definitely a winner. 

Click to continue reading