Grilled Sausage and Summer Squash with Herbs, Capers, Kalamata Olives, and Lemon (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

Grilled Sausage and Summer Squash with Herbs, Capers, Kalamata Olives, and Lemon is an easy dinner!

Grilled Sausage and Summer Squash with Herbs, Capers, Kalamata Olives, and Lemon found on KalynsKitchen.com

(For Phase One Fridays I feature Phase One Recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  Phase One Recipes are also Low-Carb and Gluten-Free.  This quick and easy dinner on the grill is perfect for this time of year when gardens are bursting with squash; hope you enjoy!)

For years I've been a fan of Fine Cooking Magazine, so when so when they invited me to sign up for their daily e-mail recipe, I did. Normally I'm not a fan of e-mail like this, but since it was Fine Cooking, I figured at least a few recipes would show up that I'd be interested in. As soon as I saw this one for Grilled Sausage and Summer Squash, I knew it would be a perfect way to use some of the squash that are showing up regularly in the vegetable garden, and I loved the way the flavor of the herbs, capers, Kalamata olives, and lemon juice brightened up the grilled squash and sausage in this dish. I used mint and parsley for fresh herbs, but the original recipe also suggested cilantro and basil, and I think you could use any combination of herbs that appeals to you. Even if you don't have summer squash from the garden, this is a great summer meal that might become one of your favorite quick grilling options for after work.

Click to continue reading